20000 watts per channel

vedmitra

Thanks, Mr. Microsim

Thanks Mr. Microsim,
I know Mr. Kanwar or Mr. Workhorse since a long time, He is very experienced man, running an Amplifier Factory in Nagpur, India,His advises are Valuable what upset me was his language,for A proof I am sending a photo of circuit by RCA of 3055H which I made in 80's and believe it or not it worked even on 55-0-55 volt , D.C, as I used a voltage adjusting switch in primary of transformer, which after filteration gave 40-0-40 ; 45-0-45 ; 50-0-50 ; and 55-0-55 d.C. and used it on full volume, low voltage on low volume and high on high volume short of manual "H" class.

Attachments

• Diagrama.jpg
    Diagrama.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 134

vedmitra

2N3055 with 40-0-40 volt rail

Any how for those who wants to make this Amp and can not get RCA 3055 I have further designed it with 40-0-40 volt D.C. Rail

Attachments

• 2N 3055 40-0-40.jpg
    2N 3055 40-0-40.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 2N 3055 with 40-0-40.JPG
    2N 3055 with 40-0-40.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 27

vedmitra

For those who have doubts about 2N3055H voltage A circuit which is using 55-0-55 Volt D.C. , it is not by me.And one more example from videorocola which says when you increase no. outputs you can increase rail voltage, my learned friends please see it.

Attachments

• amplificador-220W.jpg
    amplificador-220W.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 79
  • nml.jpg
    nml.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 69

Dimonis

I am using 2N3055H RCA transistors,which is 100 volt device and in practical 20 years ago I have used it up to 110 volts.
I think that you are joking :D , 3055 never had collector-emitter voltage more than 70Volts . See here - http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/89481.pdf
And I don't believe in your bluffing about 2000-4000Watt amps , not mentioning 20000W ((@((@((@
Also I see that you have much experience in simulators , but didn't notice any real measurments , via oscillogragh , THD-meter ( may take PC based , like this - http://www.ymec.com/products/dssf3e/ )

vedmitra

MR. Dimonis what I have mentioned is 2N3055H and that also by RCA at present I do not have pdf file of RCA 2N3055H, but of New Jersy Semiconductors, please have a look . into this datasheet,RCA is even better than this.And your saying that of bluffing I have already cleared it with a reply to mr. feliber on #7 of this thread, please read it,and please have a look at my work table, Do I realy need those cards.I think forums are to help each other in the forum not for sake of only criticizing.

Attachments

• 2N3055h.pdf
    85 KB · Views: 116
  • Copy of equipments.JPG
    Copy of equipments.JPG
    283.1 KB · Views: 92

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Its completely clear to me that the 2N3055H manufacturing by RCA is 100V as per the datasheet posted.

And there is no need to compare to another version manufacturerd by different company, it makes no sense to attack each other for this issue.

And I cannot see any problems into some errors or mistakes into using that software, we are always learning.

Please, lets share and work together rather than attacking vedmitra for no reason.

Vedmirta showing TRUE and REAL results from his long experience into making amplifiers, witch I respect.

Thanks

vedmitra

Thanks Mr. Microsim for your kind support once again, I am a learner and respect all seniors ,and will respect their creative suggestion,like everybody I may also make mistakes and seniors can correct them but in a gentlemen way.Need all the guiadance from all the members.thanking everybody.

Kanwar

friends here I present a circuit with old trustworthy metal 2n3055, supply rail 55-0-55 v. d.c. , distortion only 0.62% , output voltage at 2 ohm's load more than 33 volt around 550 watts,at 1 volt input signal.one can use 5200 also .

Vedmitra

Listen when you post something which doesn't makes sense, its evitable to call it as non-sense only, Even if your RCA 2n3055 is 100V rated still you cannot use it on 110V DC rail because it exceeds the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS as per the datasheet.

100V device cannot be used on 110VDC rails, did you get it? The max safe idle rail for 2N3055 should be +/-40VDC which gives 80VDC total with a good safety margin.

How can you use a 100V device on 110V rail ???????

Last edited by a moderator:

Kanwar

I think that you are joking :D , 3055 never had collector-emitter voltage more than 70Volts . See here - http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/89481.pdf
And I don't believe in your bluffing about 2000-4000Watt amps , not mentioning 20000W ((@((@((@
Also I see that you have much experience in simulators , but didn't notice any real measurments , via oscillogragh , THD-meter ( may take PC based , like this - http://www.ymec.com/products/dssf3e/ )

Agree to some extent.

Kanwar

Its completely clear to me that the 2N3055H manufacturing by RCA is 100V as per the datasheet posted.

So what??????

And there is no need to compare to another version manufacturerd by different company, it makes no sense to attack each other for this issue.

No one is attacking, but calling a spade is spade is no harm.

And I cannot see any problems into some errors or mistakes into using that software, we are always learning.

No one has anything against using simulators.

Please, lets share and work together rather than attacking vedmitra for no reason.

We were helping him, but he was unhappy to accept his mistake and took it on his massive ego, you say what to do.

Vedmirta showing TRUE and REAL results from his long experience into making amplifiers, witch I respect.

Simulations are not real results, real results are real oscilloscope waveform captures.

Thanks

Making claims on simulations, 20000W amps, with pathetic circuits, and you want your forum to stoop to such low levels of deceptive informations???

vedmitra

see the post 64 of this thread Mr. Kanwar, And who is that?, My name is Ved Mitra sharma, who is not a kid aged 56 in field of audio since 1974 and a Grand father now,I have learned some manners, so I can not adress with simple Kanwar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kanwar

Your post 64 just shows a computer simulation nothing else........... Where are real oscilloscope captures?

Kanwar

My name is Ved Mitra sharma, who is not a kid aged 56 in field of audio since 1974 and a Grand father now,I have learned some manners, so I can not adress with simple Kanwar.

Whatever your name is, whether you are grand father or not, does it really matters ???

Certainly not........... when someone is showing adamant behavior just because he has nothing to show except computer simulations using softwares.

Dimonis

please have a look . into this datasheet
I see that it is identical to all other .
3055.JPG
I assume that you have no concepts about the working parameters of transistors .

and please have a look at my work table
I don't see you there :) , and don't see any really working amps and there measurments.

I have already cleared it with a reply to mr. feliber on #7 of this thread
:w) bluff :w)

Dimonis

Dear MicrosiM !
Maybe I'm blind , but I don't see any RESULTS , nor true or real , nothing at all.
I can post many monster amplifiers , working in simulators , but hard to solder/

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Dear MicrosiM !
Maybe I'm blind , but I don't see any RESULTS , nor true or real , nothing at all.
I can post many monster amplifiers , working in simulators , but hard to solder/

I have seen some good amplifiers for Vidmitra.

I really don't understand why we are attacking each others.

@Vidmitra

PLEASE SHOW US SOME TRUE RESULTS

Dimonis

I really don't understand why we are attacking each others.
No bluffing - no attacking :)
Yes , I agree that some 3055 can extend and withstand more than 100V ,even 150V , but it can't be a rule for project.
The datasheets says - 60V with Rb-e =100Ohm , or 100V with Ub-e = -1.5V.