Recent content by wally7856

1. W

Help with poles and zeros and control loops

I am trying to teach myself how to calculate control loops. From the documents i have found it looks to be very difficult. They talk about poles and zeros which i do not understand. I am trying to find beginner documents that are easier to understand. Does anyone have a URL for this information.
  2. W

Problem with IR2153 SMPS

Michelle, here are two IR21XX schematics i found on this board with current limit.
  3. W

Litz wire - Fact or fiction

I have tried to buy litz wire and could not find any for sale. I called or emailed every large wire house in the USA and no one has any. Only 2 of the company’s knew anything about litz wire and would make it up for a special order with a minimum around $1500.00 USD. Do any of the diysmps...
  4. W

A Guide to Designing. Copper-Foil Inductors

Great find guys, “A Guide to Designing. Copper-Foil Inductors” and it applies to transformers as well. A four page article packed with useful information. How to use foil. How to terminate it. How to insulate it. How to calculate resistance of winding. How to calculate cm/A. And of course all...
  5. W

How do you determine core size

I have a question about how to determine what core size to use for required power in watts. I found this thread mention the data was in the Ferroxcube catalog. I have looked through my Ferroxcube catalog many times and have not seen any such chart. How are people figuring this out...