Feedback for smps symmetrical

falcosms

Dear all

I need to make a full bridge smps with symmetrical outputs of + 200V and -200V and both outputs have to be regulated.

The projects I have found regulate only on the positive side and my application requires regulation on both sides.

Can anyone suggest a circuit for this?

Sincerelly

Marcelo

Silvio

Well you can always scale down both sides (400v) Possibly using a zener chain (2 x 150v and 2 x 50v) You are not going to find a ready made circuit and you have to experiment yourself regarding regulation. Usually pfc stages use this high voltage regulation. I don't know what are your power requirements. A full bridge topology allows you to use the full mains voltage and your trafo will be a bit more than a 1:1 ratio regarding the windings. However scaling down for regulation (1v) will be quite a task and regulation will not be so precise as the difference is very large and the tolerance will be a bit wide. Its easier said than done but you may use one of the circuits you found and for the feedback sense use the full voltage instead of half the winding thus it will control the full voltage at the output. The output voltages I am guessing will be used in an amplifier needing a double voltage so this will be loaded at the same time with more or less the same amount of current.

Good luck and happy experimenting.