Search results

1. Silvio

Feedback for smps symmetrical

Well you can always scale down both sides (400v) Possibly using a zener chain (2 x 150v and 2 x 50v) You are not going to find a ready made circuit and you have to experiment yourself regarding regulation. Usually pfc stages use this high voltage regulation. I don't know what are your power...
  2. Silvio

1000w smps based on LUDO3232

Just a small calculation for the output voltage. The voltage at the half bridge is 160v at 230v ac input. so 160v / 30 = 5.3v per turn of the primary winding. secondary is 26turns so 26 x 5.3v = 138v so 138/2 = 69v- 0 - 69. This is the peak voltage at the output without regulation This...
  3. Silvio

Hi Behrad, Be careful as my smps seems similar fbut the one you posted are not the same. These are a few things you must consider. 1) My smps is not regulated and is usual suitable for a class AB amp 2) The overcurrent protection for the schematic you posted is different from my smps. 3) IF...
  4. Silvio

Yes what do you need?
  5. Silvio

LAB. GRUPPEN FP3400 schematic

Hi I am working on a Chinese version (Tasso) of this labgruppen model but its a nightmare due to try to follow on the schematic as it is nearly a mirror image. As the component numbers are different and having no value beside them it is very difficult to follow and orientate yourself to follow...
  6. Silvio

1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

Well opting for regulation depends on what chip is going to be your PWM controller. Just remember that the higher the output voltage the harder is to regulate the output voltage due to the need to scale this to a volt or so. The margin of error will increase due to the large difference. If...
  7. Silvio

1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

Hi Kees, I repair commercial amps everyday and rarely find a regulated supply. For an LLC supply using IGBTs at 120khz it is a must that it be zvs or zcs otherwise you will have problems with switching the gates and heat. IGBTs don't like high frequencies but when conditions are right they can...
  8. Silvio

Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet cheap

I also used to chat a lot on messenger with Andrew Lebon. He was a good man, and we used to chat on all sorts of things about our hobby. Rest in peace dear friend 🌹🙏
  9. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Check and see if your IGBTs are genuine. Measure the capacity between gate and source this should be around 4-5 nF. Remember that the IR2153 has no soft start and the surge current when charging the output capacitors on start up will easily burn your IGBTs if they cannot cope with it. Change...
  10. Silvio

12v 250w Car SMPS based off SG3525

For a push pull topology the primary winding need to be centre tapped. As for the secondary there is no need for a centre tap. The voltage at the secondary needs to be higher so that the chip can regulate when voltage drops due to load and also for battery voltage variation (11.5v-14v). If for...
  11. Silvio

Load testing of SMPS

You can use some household appliances such as heaters ( not including fan motor), cloths iron, toaster these all draw an amount of current depending on the input voltage to these appliances. Putting an ammeter in series and a voltmeter across the output terminals of the supply will tell you...
  12. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

The noise is coming from the SMPS. When limit cuts in the smps tries to switch off and re- starts again. I don't know what your amplifier is consumig. I suggest that you increase the limit current to get rid of the noise. You must also check if your amplifier is clipping. Working your amp at...
  13. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Well in a way yes. The shorther the path with the signal to the mosfet gates the less likely to get false triggering due to induced capacitance and inductace in the traces. Try to keep high current paths away from small signal paths while designing the pcb. It is one reason I use a vertical pin...
  14. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Hi, for the current trafo you need to wind 80 double turns. It is best done with 0.15 or 0.2mm copper wire. You take two lengths of wire and wind them together. Thin wire can be found in relay coil. Regards Silvio
  15. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Put the volume control to minimum prior to switching off or you can add a mute circuit to the amplifier sensed on the mains supply swich. You can also add a crowbar circuit formed by a tyristor in series with a resistor to limit current. This will be sensed with the power switch and will...
  16. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Hi Steppler I took a look at the schematic again and C12 is a 470 uF. It is drawn the other way round. This controls the timing of the changeover between high and normal operating frequency. Sorry for the inconveniece.
  17. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

That is a 470nf and is not polorised
  18. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

I don't know what circuit you are using. Charging secondary capacitors present a dead short for the mosfets at statup. They may blow at times. You can do these adjustments as follows. 1) If you have an inrush current ntc resistor increase the value to 20 ohms. 2) put a couple of small inductors...
  19. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Regarding the pin header I guess the one on the last pdf works best(HF s/start & scr protection) when it comes to protection. It has been tried over and over again and never failed. The current trafo dia is from the ouside (12-15mm) using thicker wire than suggested (0.16-0.2mm) may not make it...
  20. Silvio

Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

If you are choosing to use the Current transformer an option for a short circuit protection is available. The pin header however is different from the one using a current limiter and I am afraid to say that you have to make another one. The last version of pin header uses a high frequency...