300w smps

codex653

Hey everybody, just saw this circuit and i'm kinda curious as to the specs of the diode going across pins 1 and 8. I'm assuming it's a protection diode of some sort, but what's the voltage and current rating requirements?? Any specific diode that should be used? Thanks guys!

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everybody, just saw this circuit and i'm kinda curious as to the specs of the diode going across pins 1 and 8. I'm assuming it's a protection diode of some sort, but what's the voltage and current rating requirements?? Any specific diode that should be used? Thanks guys!

Codex653

This is the required diode :- http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/Shindengen/mXxsztq.pdf

See here for complete SMPS using IR2153D :- http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?149-Commercial-SMPS-using-IR2153D

That diode is critical.

Hope that helps

codex653

k thanks man!:) i'm gonna be building this over the summer as the power supply for my 300 watt subwoofer amp:) should be lots of fun!

radio

Hi all !!
Here is the schematic SMPS with IR2153 (a better option!). Output voltage and output current at the 300W power supply are 2x35V/2x5A!
Very Good for stereo audio amplifier with TDA7294 !!!
The schematic, given the characteristics of the transformer - the number of windings and polished cross-section of wire.:eek::UP:
Transformer: Ferrite with the intersection of 90...140mm2. Primary hung 40 (2x20) thread with lacquered wire with a diameter of 0.6 mm, secondary thread is 2x10 hanging with a wire diameter of 0.6 mm-triple!
regards and cheers !:)

Attachments

• Shema-1.jpg
    Shema-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 706
Last edited:

radio

Hi all!
Transformer shall be ferrite cores with a cross section of 100 .. 140mm2.
Primary: 2x20 thread with lacquered copper wire cross section 0.6 mm2 - double.
Secondary: 2x10 threading with wire-section 0.6mm2 - a threesome!
Cheers !

Last edited:

radio

The winding is 1:4 (Prim. 1 turn for 1Volt/Sec. 4 turn,s for1Volt) and the Wire diameter and the Transformer need to bi chosen for the Amperes tad gos throe them.

Hi Danspy !
Please be precise about the characteristics of the transformer?
What section of ferrite should have?
How has the primary coil of wire with which section?
How many windings should have a secondary intersection with enameled wire that?
thanks and cheers !!

Last edited:

radio

When the SMPS is the only problem if it occurs a short circuit at the output, since there is no feedback?
Mr. MicrosiM not if you have a better solution (project) SMPS give help!
Thank you in advance to help!!

smasher

Hi, I'm new in smps stuff, and as first project I tired the schematics shown in that post but because I need 12V I combined with the "idea" from this link
(http://obrazki.elektroda.net/22_1219501734.gif) but it keeps blowing the fuse. As dummy load I use a halogen 12V halogen lihgtbulb, first time I try it without load and the fuse exploded.
According to the IR2153 PDF datasheet I put between pin 2 and 3 22K resistor and 470p capacitator between 3 and 4, to be on the same frequenzy (because my shop run out of 330pF)

Hi all !!
Here is the schematic SMPS with IR2153 (a better option!). Output voltage and output current at the 300W power supply are 2x35V/2x5A!
Very Good for stereo audio amplifier with TDA7294 !!!
The schematic, given the characteristics of the transformer - the number of windings and polished cross-section of wire.:eek::UP:
Transformer: Ferrite with the intersection of 90...140mm2. Primary hung 40 (2x20) thread with lacquered wire with a diameter of 0.6 mm, secondary thread is 2x10 hanging with a wire diameter of 0.6 mm-triple!
regards and cheers !:)