Question about starting SMPS

tom42107

Hello, this is my first attempt at making an SMPS. I've built a few tube amps, ss amps, linear power supplies and one class D but never an SMPS. I have salvaged a few transformers and have attached a picture. What I'm looking to make is two different power supplies. One at 150vdc, 2a, and one at 26vdc, 5a. Right now I'm just looking for suggestions on the best way to get started, what type, proven designs, etc... Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Attachments

• Trafo's.jpg
    Trafo's.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 26

tom42107

There more I think about my last post the more I realize that I didn't give any good information so I think I should start another way. I should focus on one type of SMPS and start from there. So, what I want to build is a 150vdc, 2a ps. Just one output at 150vdc capable of ~2 amps. I think I could wind my own ETD49 trafo. I found a pdf that details an ETD49 pretty well. Now I'll take any suggestions you may have. Thanks.

demykiko

If you are really new to SMPS, you must realize that it is dangerous to work with it especially if your understanding of SMPS operation is not yet deep because offline type is high voltage and a bit of error will blow anything in the circuit..And oscilloscope is a requirement to build a successful diy smps.

Last edited: