Recent content by prof.hell

1. P

6kW+ design project

LC Filter, ZVS and Synchronous Rectifiers 4. LC Filter Analysis Continuing our magnetics section, we shall now consider the design of the low-voltage side low-pass LC filter. To keep the posting short, I don't propose to derive the necessary equations. This was done in the transformer...
  2. P

6kW+ design project

Choice of wire and transformer winding Choice of Wire In this instalment, we will deal with the choice of wire used for winding the transformer. For the purposes of discussion, we will refer to the conceptual modeling of the converter section in Figure 2 below. Switches T1 - T4 represent the...
  3. P

6kW+ design project

Magnetics Section I thought now to consider the magnetics part of the circuit, and the most obvious place to start is the transformer. Here's some theory: Magnetic Behaviour When a magnetic core material is exposed to an external magnetic field of strength H, the molecules in that material...
  4. P

6kW+ design project

LM5046 Phase-Shifted Full-Bridge PWM Controller Meantime the theory is developed and uploaded, this is the bridge controller I have in mind.
  5. P

6kW+ design project

(IMPORTANT: I missed a term of the Mode 1 equations in the Math BB code, so redoing it for completeness. Apologies). Mode 1 (t0 - t1): This is the first powering interval, which starts at time t=t0. Power is transferred from the primary to the secondary windings through switches S1 and S2...
  6. P

6kW+ design project

OK .. so picking up where I left off earlier .. [LIST] Mode 1 (t0 - t1): This is the first powering interval, which starts at time t=t0. Power is transferred from the primary to the secondary windings through switches S1 and S2, which are are turned on at ZVS. At this point, secondary bridge...
  7. P

6kW+ design project

Hi MicroSIM, Much obliged for your response. Be great if you can take the PFC component in your strides, and I'll work on the rest. If anyone's interested in joining in, then of course the invitation is open. Re: inductors and other components, my company has accounts with Arrow, Mouser and...
  8. P

6kW+ design project

Initial staps So .. ignoring the noise that is now present on this thread, here's the initial steps, as promised, and this is going to be fully open sourced to everyone as the project progresses: Input AC voltage (VDC): 380V Output Voltage (Vo): 12V Maximum output power (Po, max): 6,250W...
  9. P

6kW+ design project

All, I have a need for a 6kW+ SMPS @ 12v, < 300mv ripple, fully regulated, single rail. The general direction: Standard 90 - 260V AC input Full Bridge PWM-based design with voltage mode control PFC input at about 0.95 90%+ converter efficiency Considering parts from Linear Technologies, IFR...