Uni SMPS 300W

borysgo2

Hello
Can someone gude me how exacly wind up the feedback transformer please ??
What thickness of the wire has to be used for it, same as main transformer will be ok ??

Big thanks (sorry if my questions are stupid)

Acca

Yes,if it have enough Vce and Ic rating.
Use any sw. transistor with Vce min. 450V and Ic min. 4A (1A correspond to 40W output power,if you use 13007,it have 8A,which is ok up to 320W SMPS)

Acca

Hello
Can someone gude me how exacly wind up the feedback transformer please ??
What thickness of the wire has to be used for it, same as main transformer will be ok ??

Big thanks (sorry if my questions are stupid)
Hello,Picture of feedback transformer is given in first page.
Any wire can be used.I use small wire from UTP cable.

Acca

New SMPS

Here's my new SMPS with FET's.It's used to power my laptop but can be used for any purpose.It has short circuit protection (tested) and can give up to 300W power with E33.You can use bigger transformer and more power FET's for higher power.Changing 47R will change frequency.In few days I'll make freq. meter and measure frequency.For GDT I use R16 toroid core,but can be used any core without gap (E16,E25,etc.)
If use E16 wind 3x28 turns.D6 is diac,and two diodes in gate is two Zener 16V 1,3W in series,such as in schematic,or if you have TVS you can use it (must be from bipolar series).Input filter,NTC and rectifier ommited for simplicity.I didn't used filter :)

PAY ATTENTION WHEN WORKING WITH HIGH VOLTAGES SUCH AS 310VDC OR 220VAC.IT'S DEADLY!

Schematic and pictures in attachment:
s.o. 1.GIFPTDC0024.JPGPTDC0025.JPG

Last edited:

Acca

For +/-11,+/-14,+/-28,or single 11,14,28 or 56V there isn't needed to rewound E33.It can be used original.

panos123

Hi acca... I made this smps but i have a problem.i hear a noiz like 'tttzzzzz' and i dont have any voltage at the outpout.i reversed feedback but nothing changed.what should i do? I'm using but56-but18 transistors...

Acca

Do you make rectifier.wind 3 or use one of original 5V turns and attach light bulb 12V.Multimeter can't measure this voltage directly.
I dont know why it hissing,i never have this case :)
Check is all parts ok,and BDT wiring.What trafo for BDT you use?

panos123

smps works ok... :)
may i ask you something...
should i use inductor at the outpout of the smps??
i wan tto power a class d amp...

Acca

Storage inductor must be used.What SMPS you make?
I Use it to power soldering iron,computer and class D amp.(I use my last schematic)

panos123

i make this... Uni SMPS Sema.JPG
i have a pair of 3.8 cm ring cores...
how many turns should i make??
1v turn??

Last edited:

panos123

i know that i can...
i dont know how many turns i have to make...
my core is t37..(yelow)..
1v per turn?? outpout will be 2x60 volt....

panos123

so i need 120 turns for 60 volts??? :eek:
something else...
i want ot parralel three ei33 transormers...
will i have any problem if i conect the primaries in parallel/?
i want to use two pairs of mje13009 transistors too...
in order to do it i need a pair of diodes (colector-emiter) for every pair of transistor or oen for both transistors?

Acca

Yes,with one core (this is reason because I use E33)
Bipolars can't used in parallel.
For more power I recommend to use schematic from post #44 (This is most reliable self osc. SMPS in my home) :)
It canu use Fet's in parallel.
Instead R16 you can use E16 or E19 without gap,3x28 turns.

panos123

ok...thank you....
do you you have some bipollar transistor to recomend which can go up to 900 watt..
if not i wiil goa with you your mosfet shematic....