Recent content by phaedrus

1. P

5000 W (5kW) inverter project

Hi all, I just need some validation of a concept. I need to build a 5kW inverter,input 72V (12Vx6 battery) and 2 outputs of 230V single phase.These two outputs will be seriesed to give an output of approx. 415V,which will be fed to a motor VFD.The transformer has an auxiliary coil of 12V which...
  2. P

Trials on LM2575

Hello, I was just trying the circuit from the datasheet of LM2575. Parameters are : I/P=8.5V,OP=5V nominal,Iload=1A. When I check with a multimeter,I found that the OP voltage is 5V with no load and drops to about 4.9V under a load of 1A.I am using a mosfet as a Dummy load to check the...
  3. P

Flyback Transformer v/s "Normal" Transformer

Hello, How is a flyback transfomer different from a "normal"(is the right name "forward" ?) transformer,engineering wise ?i.e. I am not asking about the operation , coupled inductor etc.I am more interested in knowing if there are any measurable parameters to know if a transformer is meant for...
  4. P

Ideas on debugging TxFer issues on Push Pull circuits

Waveforms and voltage for 50hz simulation.
  5. P

Ideas on debugging TxFer issues on Push Pull circuits

Hi , For a bit of background , this is the same project here : http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?473-0-500V-SMPS-based-on-SG3525 In a nutshell , i am building a converter 12V ---> 400V(40mA) output. I have one transformer which works as required and give the required performance...
  6. P

0~500V SMPS based on SG3525

Importance of proper compensation n/w Hi , Now I am getting proper results after changing the compensation network to the one as mentioned in Matt Helyar's simulation.Previously I had used the components as mentioned in a website. I had to use slightly different values,due to availability of...
  7. P

Hello Matt, I hope this is better.
  8. P

Some trials Hi Gentlemen, I built up a circuit, and did some trials. At lower voltage the performance is extremely poor and improves as the output voltage is increased.I have attached the ckt diagram , and some sketches of the waveforms as seen on the scope. As the output voltage is...
  9. P

Hi , I am designing a 0~500V(25mA) power supply based on the SG3525.The input is a 12V battery. The transformer was designed using the software available from Vladimir Denisenko, available on this site. The problem I am facing is that I am getting no output from 0~100V (0~0.5V setting) and then...
  10. P

SMPS transformer design tool

Just one more thing : I get Primary turns : 0.11x18 Secondary Turns : 0.40x1 I am unable to understand this,because if 0.11 is diameter,then how is secondary diameter > primary diamter ? Pls also clarify what is 18 and 1. I have attached screen capture for your reference.( Is is possible to...