EI-33 based half bridge

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
I am glad for your success.

Witch circuit you have used for AUX start up? are you using GDT into your SMPS?

Regards.

Hi microsim yes by SMPS is based on TL494 with GDT drive it is an exact replica of the very first smps you helped me with with the only 2 exceptions an EI33 core is used and i since 1 ferrite ring had a two low AL i combined two together and it solved the problem.

the aux supply is in this thread a simple zener based series pass start up circuit that switches off when voltage come sout of the SMPS, exactly like in Marty Brown SMPS schematics

Thats a different topology(push pull) you should look into the car amps forum this smps here is a half bridge version aimed for 220V not 12V car battery and i doubt and EI33 is suited for a push pull application unless you know how to avoid flux saturation

szhighstar

To reduce leakage inductance, Sandwich method for transformer winding, coil of transformer is smaller, leakage inductance is smaller.

I have rebuilt the SMPS for a low power 12V 4A target on project board driven by TL494. It worked properly and survived all tests up to 220V not a single burnt component. I will put the scematic here. what i did note though is that its very intolerant of some type of loads which does not worry me since its for prototyping a mosfet based start up bias circuit.