SMPS transformer design tool

Dimonis

Here's a full and complex design tool for calculating the SMPS transformer based on a push-pull , half-bridge and full-bridge topology .
It has many pop-up tips to help you to use it and correctly paste the values.
I think that it'll be very useful for many of you , as for the beginners and so as for the guru of DIY. wiz:;
Enjoy it!

Attachments

• ExcellentIT-En(4000).zip
    236.4 KB · Views: 4,790
Last edited:

stewin

hi dimonis thanks a lot man great tool nice cool work . can i use it in class D core to determine inductance?

Last edited:

Dimonis

Absolutely no!
It calculate only the transformers for SMPS.
Tools for calculating inductors is'nt yet translated . I may give it to you only in russian.

obiwan

I am new and starting with SMPS, so please forgive my ignorance. I don't see the transformer secondary results. What am I doing wrong please ?
I tried calculating 24V output @ 10 A with VCC 310Vnormal , 240Vmin and 350 Vmax, ETD39 N87 core, half-bridge and full bridge rectifier.
I am actually using PIExpert from Power Integrations, but I am alway open to new and better ideas.
Thank you.

obiwan

I am sorry, I was so excited because of such an excellent program that I missed that part. By the way, how can copper foil dimensions and thickness could be know from this data ? Would these 6 wires fit the ETD 39 ?
Thank you again.

Dimonis

I think that it's hard to use foil in DIY units :w) , but you can recalculate your foil due to diameter and thickness of foil.

What 6 wires?
The secondary consists of 6+6 turns of 0.63(diameter in mm) x 5 strands
And the filling factor yet is a half :)

Attachments

• 24.JPG
    24.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 524

obiwan

Again Dimonis, I am sorry for my ignorance. I appreciate your time and advice. With these 2 details I have learn a lot. It is really a fine tool and I will learn how to use it well.
I started with a different software that imposes foil instead of regular wire. Now your software allows to use wire and this is of course easier. Anyway, I have a friend which manufactures regular iron transformers professionally and he is helping me with his machinery and experience. He made some transformers with foil. If it is technically the same, I would prefer wire.
Many thanks.

mikecarel

Hi Dimonis,

Thanks for sharing this tool. How about turns calculation for the Choke? Do you have a good reference or tool for this?

Dimonis

Mike ,
don't think it'll do , it's for calculating coils in HAM radio , not suitable for high current inductors .