SMPS transformer design tool

renotrend

Hi dimonis ,i have ETD59 core PC40 , igbt 4pc50U and 30n60 ,sg3525an and ir2110 chip ,0,15 mm X 100 strands or more (enamel choper magnet),
can i design - 80 Volt CT + 80volt 20A or more ( 160 v 20A = 3200 Watt ) that posible ? Give me refrenc or sugestion for that ( frek suitable ? ,how many capasitor bank and etc) ?

Regard,
Renotrend

hi dimonis
can you please add copper foil calculation in this program??

or other program who can do calculations for copper foil windings??

obiwan

In theory ETD59 allows up to 576 Watts with +/- 80V 10.14 A peak, with delta IL = 7 A, N1 = 11 turns and N2 = 2 turns.
Best regards

fahimbaig

Can you share this tool? I 've a russian friend here, he can help me translate that:)

Many thanks,

Mike

hi Dimonis

I can live with the russian program for chokes, I am tired of winding and rewinding torroid coils for boost and buck topologies can you help..........

fahimbaig

software or formulas to calculate a torroid coil turns

hi

can anyone help me in calculating number of turns for a boost topology inductor
the ferrite torroid I have is OD=25 mm, ID=14 mm, Width=12 mm

I am told its called R25.3/14.8/12.0 N87 EPCOS
but I am not sure as I have nothing in written on it.

I want to design a Boost SMPS for 12VDC to 32VDC @6 Amps

Regards

fahimbaig

You cannot make an inductor on ferrite rings(toroids)::SD ,
N87 EPCOS must be light blue in color.
You have not enough knowledge in magnetic design , so get some . Start here :
www.epcos.com
http://www.mag-inc.com/

hi Dimonis

thank you for the links, they are quite a knowledge base.

I wound 0.29mm x 8 wire twisted at 40 turns per foot, 28 Turns on the torroid it works fine for 24V to 32 Volt at @ 2 Amps,for 20Watt LEDS, I have these small torroids tested in many applications.
now I am trying to make a 50W / 100W supply current controlled, will post the results as soon as I finish it.

best regards.

renotrend

hi Dimonis ,

can i use 30n60a4d at Yamaha PA model P7000s , at original they use G4PC50U ???or have modification or not ?
thanks

regard,
Renotrend

Dimonis

Since I cannot make changes to the first post , I'll present the new modification of the program here .
The changes are insignificant , the most noticeable is that more core materials are added .

View attachment ExcellentIT(6100).zip

Also you can donate to the author , if the software suites you , and was helpful for you. :)

qrw.JPG

Coming soon:
Flyback + clamper design
Inductor design
Inductor /on toroid core design

Last edited:

fahimbaig

Thank You Dimonis for the new version.

there is a change I noticed in the 4000 version we could check the Winding Fill Factor in the new 6000 version it does not show the actual winding fill factor.

phaedrus

The actual Winding Fill Factor is now in the Results of calculation .

Hi,
I was wondering is it possible to use this s/w to design a step up SMPS ? I was planning to make 12V to 500V (20mA) push pull topology converter.
Any pitfalls I should look out for ?
Thanks !!

phaedrus

Just one more thing :
I get
Primary turns : 0.11x18
Secondary Turns : 0.40x1

I am unable to understand this,because if 0.11 is diameter,then how is secondary diameter > primary diamter ?
Pls also clarify what is 18 and 1.
I have attached screen capture for your reference.( Is is possible to take printout with the software ? )
TIA.
SMPS design.JPG